Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A word or two on my life

I realize some of this may be repeated from previous posts, but I prefer this blog to be more filled than my LJ blog, so this is my most recent post there:

Since my coworkers engaged me in Twilight and the rest of the series, I've been downing books like cheap wine. Since the beginning of the month, I've read Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn (all of the Twilight series), Sunshine, and The Graveyard Book. I've also been finding time to write somehow in between all of this. Because working 8 hours, going to the barn (though my time is limited there since the dark and cold have set in), and reading books (often times in one day) didn't give me enough to do.

The good thing is I haven't wasted my brain watching television as much. I also haven't been online, because I find I fare better if I use my laptop, in which I sit on my couch, turn on classical music and type. My laptop, which is older than is kosher these days, has been wiped of most things that would distract me. I don't hook it up to the internet (though it's capable), it only has the basic 4 Windows games, and it may have Gimp, but the inability to get images (randomly) to photoshop limits my abuse of that even. It's nice, because I just sit and get absorbed in what I'm doing. Though sometimes when I wander back to my desktop and see my friends online I feel a bit sheepish.

On the other hand, writing is kind of a profession of mine, so it's more like working a part time job, in which I'm sad that I might miss my friends a bit, but it's for a good reason. And I enjoy it more than most part time jobs. Plus it has flexible hours. (Note, I know that part-time job is meant to be hyphenated, but I really didn't feel like it at the moment.)

My current works are a collection of stories (not the collection of tales that are being formed on dA), the story of a girl beyond, and the story of a woman who finds love and life satisfaction but of course has to suffer first. My current book is Stiff, which is about how cadavers are used to help mankind (through science, etc). I'm not sure what drew me to it, but I saw it on GoodReads and I ordered it. When I'm finished, my review can be found there.

I think that about covers it all.

1 comment:

  1. I make $20 for each 20 minute survey!

    Guess what? This is exactly what big companies are paying for. They need to know what their average customer needs and wants. So large companies pay millions of dollars per month to the average person. In return, the average person, like me and you, participates in surveys and gives them their opinion.

    ReplyDelete