Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Haven't seen rain in forever...

Today's dawn rose almost grayish-white, only to become a dark and foreboding gray as the hour passed. So dark that the lights on the street flickered back on to offer some guidance in the misery. It's not really matching my mood, but it's matching something...

Yesterday I was cosplay productive, which excited me greatly since my time spent on that has been (err) nonexistent. I downloaded a book on tape from my library and played it while working, which made the work factor more enjoyable, although I do enjoy the work (just not the time spent doing it, if that makes any sense). I now have pants and a jacket. I just need an eyepatch and straps. I can do it!

It's begun pouring now. This seems like a passing spring storm type rain, but if thursday and friday taught me anything, it's that the rain can keep falling like that for a while. Unlike those days, today we have the rumble of thunder. Who knows how long it will last.

And now lightning.

BTW, the book on tape I'm listening to is Wicked Lovely and rather enjoyable (it's young adult fantasy). I find it amusing, since I was always an avid, fast reader, that I've become such an advocate for audio books (a more appropriate term). I think this is helped by the fact that I can DL books from my library without having to actually go there. The downside is that some (most) of the books seem to be WMA and cannot be converted to go on my ipod. Which makes me sad.

3 comments:

  1. Audio book smaudio book. Seems like cheating to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just kidding, (sorta) of course.

    When I publish my novel, I'll take sales any way I can get em.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Audio books are kind of cheating. Which is why I only really do it for books I'm only half interested in (one, because I don't retain the story as well and two because I multitask while listening, which may have something to do with number one).

    ReplyDelete