Tuesday, February 9, 2010

In which I was productive.

I really shouldn't be writing this post right before work, but here goes.

This weekend was very productive, working on a puzzle, cleaning (and I mean CLEANING) my apartment and some other things I can't seem to recall at the moment. I felt really good about it, although the puzzle isn't done yet and it kind of needs to be before Saturday. Working on it.

I scheduled an eye appointment for this Wednesday about two weeks ago, so of course a storm decides to make its way here. Thankfully my eye doctor was bright and pulled extra hours Monday and Tuesday and is going to close Wednesday. So I had my appointment yesterday and was blind all last night (probably shouldn't have driven home..but it was only 1 mile). I wasn't going to buy my glasses there but they were very nice and gave me a discount comparable to the coupon I had for WalMart. Assuming I was in the right frame of mind last night, I think I purchased cute frames too. But GADS are they expensive (for everything). My wallet hurts.

I tried some Genmai Chai (from Adagio) yesterday and did not enjoy it much at all. I think this will be given to a new home. This morning I'm trying Citron Green and it's going over much better. B-Side, you should try my Spiced Apple Chai and tell me what you think.

I still have loads more cleaning to do for my Chinese New Year's party and I'm hoping I'll prepare enough food. I'm sure I'll be fine.

Bazinga.

3 comments:

  1. "the right frame of mind last night" - HA!

    I myself am mixed on Genmai Cha. Its fine, and unique, but certainly not something I would use as a "go to" drink. I haven't done extensive testing, but I find it seems to pair well with chinese food, actually. I'm nearing order time myself. Well, for greens, anyway, I'm still only half way through my blacks.

    No "America's Best?" - 2 pairs for $99, assuming you want the super scratable, possibly coke-bottle sized lenses?

    Just prepare twice the food you "think" you should. Always better to have too much than not enough. You can always use the left overs as lunches or snacks. Unless you ride the Enterprise, its very hard to make food just appear out of thin air.

    Namaste!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Genmai tastes too much like plain cereal to me. Every sip. If I wanted cereal I'd eat a bowl. I could see it going well with chinese food, since Chinese food has such a strong flavor.

    I went with America's Best for 5 years, and I really didn't have any issues with the frames/contacts, yeah, that deal doesn't count the lenses. Tricky bastards. So far my pain is amount to $345, and I didn't buy contacts yet.

    ReplyDelete