Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A day late

I really did mean to post yesterday. In fact, over the course of the day, I thought several times, "I have to do my blog post tonight." But as I headed home I got an awful headache, so I watched Rent, which made me cry and did nothing to help the headache. So I curled up and did some light reading. My headache is mostly gone, though I imagine it'll be back by tonight.

I was not as productive as I would have liked with my Nano project. It seems that once I put myself to the task of working on one novel, four different ideas would all like their chance to shine. I'm being good and only writing down notes for them, but still, it's a distraction. I think I've figured out their ages and how that will change to make it less uncomfortable for the readers, and I have some scenes planned in a vague sense. I'm not sure where to end exactly. Do I resolve everything? Do I just have it set up for resolution with the assumption that everything is resolved? I'm leaning toward the latter because politics isn't my thing.

Also, I've realized two points in my writing that need major work, so I'm hoping to fix them: 1. Loose language. I've gotten so caught up in getting the story across that I've begun losing the fun of telling the story. My language has become mediocre, boring and repetitive. My next major project will be creating a novella that institutes more creative language. 2. Relationships over Plot. Relationships fascinate me, so I've been doing more writing that involves studying them than much plot aside from the basics. Of course, there is nothing wrong with this in itself, but I think I've been doing it so much that my writing has soured of it. I need to re-freshen my angles.

My goals for the week:
  • write one scene; and
  • plot out plot to the end.
That's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment