Monday, April 25, 2011

Monday after Easter

Last week was exceptionally stressful, so I took today off, because yesterday, despite feeling miserable, I went with my family to visit my Grandmother. While I know my mother appreciated my efforts, I don't think she understands how wretched I felt the whole time and I will never feel guilted into going again. Or at least not for a while.

And I finally used a Christmas gift card I had to Dover Saddlery to buy breeches, gloves and a fly mask. Sure it was a late Christmas present :D

Quick update on new year's resolutions: I meditate every week still, but my slouching efforts have been slightly forgotten. I'm doing good on the reading, for the most part, though my reading amounts have plummeted. Partly due to riding starting up again and partly due to my Netflix account.

In the writing arena, I've stopped making huge progress on my current WIP, which makes me sad and I wonder the reality of writing 5,000 words a week still for it, because I'd like to get it done. For CL, I did some clock research, because I'd like to work some more technical aspects in while I make changes to other elements of the story. But that's been put to the side for the most part too, and I'm guessing I'm going to have to give myself deadlines again in order to get my butt in gear.

In two unrelated notes, I've been working out more recently and I'm contemplating getting a hysterectomy. That's still just in the brain-considering phase though, since it's obviously something I wouldn't want to rush into. I just see no need for that particular organ as it causes me nothing but distress.

Now to spend my day off going for a run, writing, and reading. And if I want a downer, my current Netflix movie is Angels in America @.@.

2 comments:

  1. Wow; pretty permanent, that. And you can't unwind those clock hands, if you catch the reference. And how could you not, the reference being a about as blunt as a warhammer?

    Ah guilt. A mother's most sharpened weapon. You shouldn't let guilt make you do things. Otherwise you'll end up ... uh, where can I go with this... sliced up into pieces?

    I've stopped working out almost entirely. Not sure why, other than the fact that R has stopped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I realize it's permanent, thus the taking time to consider (more) before I even go ahead with planning. Plus knowing how people will react. But I've no use for it (and please don't bother with the "you may want kids one day" bit).

    Yes, and they never use their weapon openly, at least ours doesn't. I told her outright that I'm not going next time I don't feel well, I don't care if it's the Pope's birthday.

    It's hard working out alone, and I'm sure you've been very busy, but don't give up!

    ReplyDelete