Thursday, November 29, 2012

Happy surprises

First, business: You can read my story "Soups and Diners" as part of Dreamspinner Press's Advent Anthology. There's a story for every day in December. The release date is December 1st! I think eventually you can buy it individually, so I'll link to that when it happens.

Also, Storm Moon Press, which has another of my holiday pieces in their Milk & Cookies & Handcuffs anthology, is putting out the anthology on December 21st. So expect more about that later!

Second, the word-dulling depression has lifted. It's been come and go since Thanksgiving, but it's been fairly gone the past two days. I've written 11,000 words in November, 3,600 of them today. Although I wasn't aiming to write a story, I wrote one short piece and then an idea just kind of took hold and I've been running with it. We'll see if it gets an end. If it doesn't get a conclusion, at least in my mind, I'll post it here for anyone who wants to read my raw stuff.

Third, Christmas is coming. Which means birthdays, parties, and holidays. Are you excited? I'm pretty excited. It's a cheery season with gift giving, cookie baking, etc, etc. It also makes me want to write a holiday story, but whenever I think of holiday stories, I think of this one. I know I've written others, many of them happy. Three of them published (and all happy). But I normally don't write the happy ones. But we'll see what I can come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment