Saturday, February 16, 2013

Resolutions and plans

Life doesn't go according to plans, but I'm the ultimate planner, so in time of unrest, I plan.

This year, due to the events at the end of 2012, I didn't make any resolutions. So my plan isn't to do any big ones for the whole year but, much like last year, do smaller goals for each month (which can be found on the sidebar).

My three current focuses, aside from some odd jobs here and there, are: to edit FIW and get it to my beta, if she still wants to read it; to write the shifter story I'm working on currently; and to post at least a review a week.

Unfortunately, at the time of my accident I had no reviews stored up, so I have to do a ton of reading to get reviews up! I have a large backlog and I'd like to have that diminished by half by the time I return to work. I waste a ton of time just refreshing Twitter, so hopefully I can cut that back and read instead!

Editing is actually nice, because it helps me get ready for work while not having the pressure of screwing up major if I miss something. It lets me stay fit, so to speak :) I'm terrified the story is no good now, but I know sending it to a beta who can tell me what is wrong with it, etc, will be good for my writing overall. Tough as it is!

As for the writing... After my injury I wanted to keep writing but didn't want to work on something I'd started or one of my "better" ideas, so I went hunting for an idea in submission calls. I started a few different things, but eventually began writing the shifter story (which is going to be way too long for an anthology submission, but that is beside the point). I don't want to give away too much, but it's shifters, a threesome with an established pair, and I have no idea where it's going. I'm only 8,000 words in.

And that's where I am now. Once again, for more updates/ramblings/posts, you can check out my tumblr.

No comments:

Post a Comment