Thursday, February 12, 2015

Exciting news!

As my Twitter follows may have heard, I had exciting news earlier this week!

My shifter novel (with very little shifting and lots of threesome) was accepted at a press. I'm not saying much yet, because I'm not sure all the details and stuff, but I'll be sure to keep everyone updated when I've more news!

Along those lines, I've been rather dead on a lot of social media lately because I've been, fancy that, writing.

I have a computer that's not hooked up to the internet (well, it is but it would take soooo long to do anything on it, it's  not worth it) and I've been hopping over to it to write for a bit every day. To entice me, I've set up a Chrome extension on my main computer that blocks all the sites I tell it to. Like Twitter and Tumblr and Facebook and...you get the idea. It forces me NOT to waste time on those sites.

And if I don't write the whole time during that blocked period? Well, I find I end up doing more stuff around the house.

In the past three or four weeks I've written 27K words. I don't know how much of it is good, but it felt good to write it. And I'm hoping to keep up the serious amount of writing even when this story is done.

So, a book accepted for publication and lots of writing this past month. Of course, I didn't work on the project I had PLANNED on, but I guess that will be next month. Or something.

Oh! I also finally looked at the feedback I got on GR. I just skimmed the information, and I think some points are valid (and some not so much, but I can perhaps draw attention to the answers that are already in the story). I was glad that the reviewer suggested to emphasize the alternative world elements rather than remove them.

...Oh, I guess that should be my next project.  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment