Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Not a Countdown

I am NOT counting down to my book release. Not actively. There's not eight days left or anything.

Not at all.

BUT OH MY GOODNESS if there were it'd be so exciting!

Thankfully I have lots of other things to keep me distracted. Like editing BAW, giving WCR a read-through to send it off to a beta (which is where it is now), and trying to figure out where to send BAW for possible publication. Plus a few other things.

AND, related to my sorta kinky Sharing a Pond that may or may not be coming out in eight days, I was at a convention for work this weekend. It's the Geeky Kink Event, and while it was exhausting and a lot of work (and stress), mostly because of prep and car's crumpling, I had a great time. Talking to like-minded people is always fun, meeting new people, forging new bonds, getting your back set on fire. Good times.

Oh, did the back-set-on-fire thing catch your interest? Well it's called fireplay and it was amazing. Using rubbing alcohol, firesticks, and her hands, fire was on my back. The alcohol creates a barrier between the fire and the skin so it doesn't burn, just feels warm, and it's a fantastic sensation (although requires training and skill, so don't just run off and do it on your own).

I was really stressed on Saturday night after a 12-hour workday, so a nice fire massage (which is pretty much what it felt like) was much appreciated. The stress just fell away and I was so relaxed I was a little loopy. 

Obviously there are no pictures, and I was given an introductory session (so not as intense as it can/could be).[I wanted to upload a picture from the internet but blogger hated me and wouldn't let me do it right now] The stick/ball is generally material (cotton? I can't recall) doused in the alcohol, rung out, then drawn over the skin, with the other hand following shortly after to put out the fire. 

No comments:

Post a Comment