Saturday, May 28, 2016

On Writing and What's Next

I was talking to a writer friend and ze mentioned that ze only writes one story at a time and needs to finish that story before starting any others, and that keeps zir from having a string of unfinished stories.

I thought that sounded like a good--great--idea, so I started making a list of all the stories I'm working on. It's, uh, a long list. I mean, I always had a spreadsheet (that should have been a sign), but I have a lot of stories started and never finished. So now I'm making a list. And I will go down that list as best I can. Obviously I'm going to have to work out some kinks from the system, because I have some stories I more recently started that may need to be finished before my big Scruples project, but we'll see.

After the current thing I'm rewriting (for something else not related), I plan on moving on to my rehabilitating rockstar OR my super queer shifters. I'm going to poke and whichever one reacts is going to get priority.

But first I need to finish my mini-project, and also work on revisions for my fantasy bear shift novella.

While knitting a Spider Man blanket for my friends' future baby. Because I didn't have a knitting project on hand and my friend is having a baby and I've made blankets for all the other babies in my life, so I felt bad.

And then I did a search for geeky knitted things and found this (which was within my skill level...I hope) and couldn't resist.

Hopefully it turns out okay. Or the baby immediately vomits on it and it can be burned and I don't have to worry.

Here's to multitasking!

No comments:

Post a Comment