Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Well, least there's corn on the cob?

This week has been very up and down.

Up: I ordered my friend's birthday present early enough that it might arrive on time.
Down: I spent Sunday at a family reunion, which in itself isn't bad, but not how I want to spend the whole day (most of it in a car).
Up: I hit my editing goal and I think I added some good emotion development to a scene.
Down: I didn't have time to write much last weekend.
Up: My meals have been very yummy. Summer corn on the cob. Mmm.
Down: I got kind of a downer email at work and I'm obsessing on it.
Up: I got to eat KFC on Sunday.
Down: My diet didn't do well this weekend >.<
Up: I had a really good ride on Sunday and an OK one today
Down: I may not be able to move tomorrow :D

We've been having temperatures in the 80s, but with the storms that moved in last night and today, our high today was barely in the 60s. And it was windy. And slippery from the rain. So we went on a trail ride (the ring wasn't a mess), me on the quarter horse I'm working with and a young woman on a crazy Arabian (the one I rode on Monday). She's a better (and more calm/confident) rider. But the winds were high, the horses were spooky, and we rode for two hours when I was expecting one. Nothing bad happened, but it was more tense than I usually like. But it was gorgeous out. Shining sun and not too hot, to say the least. I'm just glad I was on the saner horse.

This is the long-haired barn cat we have at the barn. Yes, a long-haired barn cat. I swear he's not as pissy as the picture seems to imply. He actually hides in the hayloft most of the time to avoid the dogs. His name's Alexander and he's a sweetheart. (You're getting a picture of him because I didn't take any on the ride :p)


No comments:

Post a Comment