Saturday, August 27, 2016

Happy Birthday to Me

My birthday has always signaled the end of summer to me (and probably still does for a lot of kids). It was always a week or so before school started, and so the free, wild days were gone.

This year my birthday just signals the end of a very busy month.

After dog-sitting a geriatric pup at the end of July, I had roughly a week and a half to breathe before rushing off to my own four-day vacation. I got back from that and immediately (like, didn't even unpack vacation stuff) went to my parents' house to cat-sit for them (it's actually more like garden-sit, because I'll be honest, the garden takes more work than the cat. Though the garden doesn't wake me up at 3 am begging for breakfast). I drove home on Monday from THAT and here we are.

To say the least, my word count is lacking, my birthday has come (it was Wednesday), and I'm really looking forward to September! *check calendar* October!

Oh, and there's a Christmas piece that deadlines in the middle of September that I'm trying to hit. NO PRESSURE SELF. :P

But really, even with all the crazy, I'll likely hit my word count for August, I had a good time on vacation, I got to ride a lot this month, and things are pretty good.

I hope everyone else had a nice summer too.

No comments:

Post a Comment