Thursday, September 1, 2016

Another Year Wiser

I had my birthday last weekend, in which I got a little crisp (but nothing that hurt for more than 24 hours), but otherwise had a lot of time having fun in the sun with my family (especially the three five-year-olds). I might not ever want kids, but I love my nephews and niece! They really make for a fun birthday.

Of course, birthday parties mean less time writing (I literally woke up, ran to the barn, got home, napped, then went to gatherings until 8pm, at which point I was so exhausted I didn't have brain cells to rub together to form a story).

But I got stuff. First off, my stuffed Fluffy arrived. He's from the manga/anime The Morose Mononokean, and he's adorable. I actually bought him for myself a couple of weeks ago, but I regret nothing. He's very soft. And it was a nice gift to find on my birthday :) Though I had to hide him when the kids came over!

If you saw my previous post, you saw me mention that as a kid/teen, I had an obsession with taking pictures of presents that I'd received. I still do that, although slightly less often now, oddly enough, even though it's easier now.

I mostly take pictures to send to my friends. But I'm still not sure what my obsession with it is. Maybe so I don't forget that I own this thing? Even though I own the thing, so I obviously have it. Although, now that I think about it, I believe at one time I heard that insurance companies only would replace personal items in a house if you had proof that you owned said item. I'm not sure if that's accurate, or if a picture would even prove you owned it, but I think I got it in my head that I needed to take pictures of all my presents so the insurance company would buy me my stuff if we got robbed/the house burned down.

I don't know. I was weird. Because I'm obviously not now.

So, good news on the writing front: Once I finish the current xmas story (which has a fast-approaching deadline, so I'll either finish or give up), I can return to the rom-coms that I've been working on, and hopefully will have more information to share than just "Still not done yet."


No comments:

Post a Comment