Saturday, September 17, 2016

What a Week

Life is kind of funny in that when you have a deadline approaching, you will of course have more things to do. 

For instance. I had a deadline on Thursday for a manuscript and I'd gotten a later start on writing it than I'd planned, so I was cutting the submission close. Weekends are prime writing/revising time (when I can write a couple thousand words instead of a couple hundred).

So what did I have on Saturday? A horse show. Now, the shows take all day generally, plus preparation in the week before. And then it usually exhausts me, so I'm completely useless the next day.

No pressure.

Thankfully, while the day itself was exhausting, I was able to get up on Sunday and work on the story. I got enough done on Sunday that I wasn't in a panic on Thursday trying to do One Last Edit before submitting it. The story went out the door!

It taught me two important things: I can hit a tight deadline, and I never want to do that again!

But the horse show (which is a fund-raiser for the 4-H club), went really well. The day was hot, my first horse was kind of a brat, but I still got a ribbon in every class and generally had a good time. There was a BIT of stress in the morning, since the horses at the barn didn't want to come in, it was going to be too hot to leave them outside, and so we got a late start. Which mean we barely had time to warm up before our classes. I was a tad stressed. Just a tad. But I survived.

Sunday, aside from working on the manuscript, involved rewatching the anime Princess Tutu and knitting. I told you I was worthless after a show :P

I've also started a new knitting project yesterday (because two projects at once just isn't enough). I've had this yarn sitting around for a year or so, and I've never been sure what to do with it, but I decided to finally try making full mittens (instead of just fingerless mittens/wrist warmers). 

I'm not following a pattern, because I'm sort of just planning on knitting up like normal and then finding a pattern on how to end the mitt part. Should be fine. Right?

Well, if you want to see more of my knitting pictures, I'll post them on Instagram, I'm trying to actually be active there: AlextheRate. Sorry for the quality. I'm currently using an older iDevice for Reasons. 

No comments:

Post a Comment