Saturday, February 14, 2009

I hope I make you cry, a little.

It's snowing outside, I've just eaten Andes Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream, and I sit down to write the aftermath of the battle. Honestly, the next few chapters (and possibly another book) will be about the aftermath, but this is the first chapter, where we change perspectives and realize that people have died.

I was sad already, it being Valentine's Day and me being single, not in the 1.0 vs 1.1 way, but in the 1 vs 1.0 way. Which may not make sense to you, but makes perfect sense to me. It's all about the place holder. So I was sad.

And then I'm writing about people having died and how horrible it is to have to handle corpses to send them off to loved ones. But I feel content with how things are going. Although I know a funeral chapter is going to have to happen and I'm not particularly looking forward to it. I hope I cry and I hope the readers cry, whenever they get a chance to read it. In 12 years.

So it was still snowing, and I ate more ice cream, and I realized I should share this, even if it's just with myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment