Friday, March 13, 2009

Sleep deprived and caffeinated

This has been an interesting week.

I had no problems coping with the time change Sunday. And yet, Sunday night I couldn't fall asleep, and when I did I had the previously mentioned bad dreams and my hours sleeping were not restful.

The rest of the week was fine sleep-wise, but I never recooperated. So yesterday I took a half day and came home for a nap and to relax and rejuvenate. Last night I go to bed...and I'm wide awake. I nap all the time in the afternoon, it really shouldn't have this effect on me. I stayed awake until 2:30, fell asleep, woke up at 3:30 having had a creepy dream, and then dozed until 6:30. To say the least, my plan backfired.

So now I feel about the same that I did on Monday, except it's Friday, so more bearable. I'll get through today, hopefully be exhausted and collapse at a reasonable hour tonight, and maybe my sleep cycle will kick back into gear.

I could really go for a nap right now, or another couple hours of sleep, but instead I'm going to dose up on tea (my zombie brain is saying "caffeine" in the way that zombies do) and hope I don't over do it. Thankfully I don't think I have too much to focus hard on at work, so if I get the jitters, I'll just annoy myself.

Side note: I'm wearing my Carebear shirt to work today, per request. It sorta looks like this (in a broad stylistic not color or image way):

2 comments:

  1. Uh, so much to say, so little time to say it. Oh, I don't know - That you have a carebear shirt (is it actual trade mark property, or do you just call it "carebear"), that it might, based on the photo, have ears, that you didn't take a pic of it yourself... the list goes on and on...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do have an actual carebear shirt. it has a carebear symbol on the chest (rainbow, clouds, stars) with a hoodie that has ears. It's magnificent. I didn't think it'd be appropriate for the restaurant though.

    ReplyDelete