Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Boondock Saints

Part 2...

Okay, so I finally saw the trailer for Boondock Saints 2: All Saints' Day.

For those of you who don't know, I'm a huge fan of the original. I loved the acting, the story, the deeper meanings, etc. The only thing I didn't really like about the movie was Rocco, and...well, you know.

But I'm not sure how I feel about the second movie. I know the trailers often don't do a movie justice, especially one that touches upon a variety of ethical questions (assuming this one follows in it's father's footsteps). I think my biggest concern is the glib manner in which the brothers seem to talk about faith and religion, at least in the clips we're shown. I also see that a third wheel (err..fourth now, I guess with dad there) was once again added, and once again has bad hair.

I'm hoping that this movie isn't just a repeat of the first movie, with a few different twists and a few different vendettas. Am I going to see it in theaters...probably, if only because I didn't get to see the first one there. But I'm going in very tentatively.

Anyone want to go with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment