Tuesday, December 1, 2009

From under rocks

I know I've been missing, it's been for a good reason.

As you may have heard, I was doing Nanowrimo. I wrote 50,000 words during the month of November without becoming a complete hermit. I'm actually 400 over. The novel isn't done yet, but I do plan on finishing it. I'm torn between posting it somewhere on the internets and trying to get it published. I'm not wild about the story, but we'll see.

Now that I'm back in the real world, I've been reading. Nothing of what I should be reading (and editing) but reading like a drowning man begging for air. I stayed up REALLY late sunday night reading. Thankfully I'm fully functional on 4 hours of sleep. However, I get really cranky the second day when I get 8 hours of sleep but it's really weirdly scheduled. So I'm hoping to go to bed at a somewhat reasonable hour, ignoring that I'm posting on my blog when I should be curling into bed. Least I'm not hunting down something to read.

The holidays were uneventful and I'm hoping the coming holidays will be just as uneventful. Life is kind of undramatic, and I like it that way. I wonder if a person can be too laid back for her own good sometimes, but then I realize I shouldn't worry about it. I hope that gives you a chuckle. I've been shopping up a storm for holiday exchanges, and it's rather pleasant, shopping for people. It always gives me a warm cuddly feeling inside to buy things for other people. Maybe it's the rush of spending money, but I'd like to think it's something more.

On an unrelated note: I've fallen in love with a band (and some of my friends may kill me upon reading this, being quite sick of hearing about it) called Pansy Division. I'd direct you to YouTube, but it's not really the best selection. They're classified as Queer Punk or Queer Rock I think (with a group of mostly openly gay members), and are very blunt with their lyrics. It's refreshing and fun, also emotional, social commentary, and things to make you ponder, just a bit. I fell in love almost immediately and am still waiting for my mass order of CDs to arrive.

There are so many wonderful things in the world that we will never experience. There are so many wonderful things in life that we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment