Sunday, October 24, 2010

In which I haven't started anything yet

November is quickly approaching, and while Halloween is on my mind (I still haven't come up with a costume yet), Christmas decorations have already begun appearing in stores. I'll be honest, I'm in the mood for pumpkin pie and oyster dressing, but I'm in publishing, so we're already running articles about all the delicious foods at the holidays, so I blame that!

November also brings about Nanowrimo, which I'm bowing out of this year in favor of hardcore editing and finishing my novel. Mostly finishing and piecing everything together into a quaint little complete work. Trying to get myself in the mood, I re-read a story that takes place in the same world, and started a new story that is the same. It's going to be hard to put aside the new to revitalize the old, but I think I can do it. I'm just hoping I don't get in there and find major surgery needs to be done.

In case I didn't have enough on my plate, I've taken on a new horse to get fit. She's pretty heavy and out of shape, and she needs to be ready for hunting, but also hopefully for me to work her all winter. So I'm working her at least twice a week, but I don't know if I can take her out of the ring yet, so I still like to trail ride with my friends, which is another horse...and well you're seeing the time constraints. I'm hoping I can take her out on a trail soon. Until then, I'm sort of exhausted on that front.

I have three books on my review pile for the group I work under. I know, such a strain to get free books and then write reviews of them, huh? My GoodReads list of to-read books hit 100 recently. So free ones are good. So are Amazon gift cards. And sales. Good and dangerous.

Time to go back to reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment