Monday, February 14, 2011

Tattoo Cheese Books

In that order.

Saturday I went and got my tattoo. It didn't hurt too badly, and I think the healing stage is the worst for me (so impatient!) You'd expect there to be a picture of my new tattoo accompanying this post. WELL, my camera software isn't on my computer and I'm lazy. So there.

I organized a cheese party at work, in which I was introduced to Armenian String Cheese. It's delicious. I also tried goat cheese for the first time (two different kinds), edam (pronounce ee-dum), champagne cheddar, and Dubliner (?). It was really cool to try new things, and I came home with a bunch of blocks that people didn't want to take home with them, so if you'd like to try goat cheese, Dubliner or goat cheese (two different kinds), just ask!

Finally, one of my beta readers returned the book with comments. She seemed to enjoy it for the most part (I haven't gotten to look through all the comments yet), but she said about halfway through she just couldn't buy the one major event that happened and she lost her willingness to suspend disbelief. Which really just confirmed some thoughts I had on the matter. Of course, to fix the problem I'd either rewrite the second half or rewrite the whole thing. But I'll wait for what the others say (assuming the read/review).

Also, I really need to NOT stay up past 1 am. Saturday I did just that and that's when I saw my friend's review and I just kind of broke a little. And then I started thinking "Oh God, this tattoo was a huge mistake and now I'm stuck with it forever." Thankfully I had the sense to kick my friends out and go to bed. I woke up more stable, and by today I was perfectly normal (well, my definition of normal^.-) Still happy with my tattoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment