Sunday, August 28, 2011

Time for an update

Because of the nasty weather we had on the East Coast, my weekend was pretty free, and aside from 4 hours of sleep Friday night, followed by barn work, riding and lots of naps, I was rather productive. Not really on Saturday, because I slept, ate, and watched Avatar, and that was about it. But this morning I finished re-reading a book I'm reviewing, I wrote the review, and then I got to editing CL (on page 73 of 177, if you're wondering). Sure, I still have loads of editing to do, but every little step helps.

I'm still not sure how I feel about the story overall, but I think working on it so long has left me rather jaded about it. I look forward to sending it off to someone who will give me an honest response about it. But that's in the future.

I have two other stories that are finished that will also be sent out. One just needs a query written and me to feel like its worth being sent, the other needs a good strong round of edits before the rest happens. And of course, come the end of November I'll hopefully have 50,000 words of a new novel that is brewing in my mind. Plus I have a short story I've started that needs to be finished by April for a submission call.

But for now, it's time for a walk.


No comments:

Post a Comment