Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Wake Me Up Next Week

It's November 30, which means it's the last day of Nanowrimo. So how did I do?

I won!

Which really just means I've reached 50,000 words. The story isn't yet finished (although I'm not sure there will be too much more added to the end), so of course a writer friend commented, "Congrats! Now finish the book!"

Isn't that just how it goes?

But for tonight I'm going to ride on the high of finishing 50,000 words in one month. It's really not that hard if I cut out all the stuff I don't really need to be doing. And if you'll hear my confession: I procrastinated A LOT this year. Imagine if I didn't get distracted by Angry Birds, stare blankly at Twitter for updates, and check my mail, Google Reader, Facebook, tumblr, and GoodReads every other click? I imagine I'd be just as productive, because I'd eventually get distracted by something else. (Like writing long, rambling blog entries.)

So in the month to come I hope to wrap up SWTV, write a Christmas story, and dive back into CL.

Final thought: Writers must be masochists.

No comments:

Post a Comment