Sunday, January 1, 2012

It's 2012, you know what this means.

New year means new resolutions. Considering last year's attempt lasted 5 or 6 months (maybe), I'm hoping this year will be better. I'm hoping vaguer will help.

1. Send a novel manuscript to a publisher. This mainly means taking the leap and reading what my beta3 has written and seeing what I can do to help the damned thing.

2. I've put on some weight since my accident and I need to get it off again. This is an on going challenge, since I was just starting to work out when my previously injured arm started hurting again, then I got a cold (which made doing more than lying there like a beached whale hard to do).

3. Prepare more short stories to be sent to a publisher. There are several special submissions I'm interested in writing something for, and I have some stories that are lying around wondering what I'll do with them. Even if they get turned down, it's better than them being lame ducks, right?

4. Be awesome at new part-time job.

[ETA: I'd also like to make monthly resolutions that may or may not be related to the yearly one. The idea that small goals are more achievable.]

What are your resolutions for the new year?

2 comments: