Monday, January 30, 2012

Squeaking by

January's resolution of finishing Nano2011 may or may not happen, seeing as it's just over 24 hours away from ending. I only have two scenes to do, but one is a love scene and the other is a club scene/gang initiation. I mostly just stare at the screen when I try to write them, but I do want to get it done so I can put it aside for a while and look at it with a fresh eye.
.
One of the reasons it didn't get done (or at least has me down to the wire) is that I was browsing through my old stories that were finished and I came across one that fits a submission in April. I reworked a large chunk of it, made it 7,000 words longer, and now have it sitting waiting for me to re-read and fix up for April. Going to need a beta again. It's a fantasy short with some tattoo kink, if anyone is interested.
.
Working full time and part time is keeping me hopping. It's also keeping me from writing in some ways, but not enough to actually make me want to stop working both jobs. It's kind of nice to have work I can always be doing, because it brings structure to my days. I love structure and having a task to complete.
.
Okay, off to relax and try to figure out this damn club scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment