Sunday, September 2, 2012

Victory doesn't mean the war is over

As I anxiously await the second edits that I'm assuming are coming on my submitted piece (the print date is listed as Sept 14)...

I got two submissions out the door, both for Christmas/Holiday-theme calls. One is straight up soft, gooey marshmallow fluff, contemporary Christmas story, the other is a fantasy continuation of the already accepted submission. So I got both out, which means victory.

Of course, I still have plenty of work ahead. I made a spreadsheet of my writing to-do list and it's terrifying how many stories I want to write. Having the time to realize those stories is another matter. I worked this weekend on doing a quick edit on a story (to see if there were plot holes, inconsistencies) and want to write the sequel now (thankfully it was already on the list)...but have a submission due In November that is uber priority.

And I started writing a romance with an asexual lead, but got horribly distracted, so it's on the back burner for now.

Now to bury my head in edits :) Happy apocalypse edits. Woo!

No comments:

Post a Comment