Sunday, March 2, 2014

February's out, March is in

February’s Goals1. Get in a good exercise at least 3 days a week.
2. Write 6,000 words this month.
3. Tie up a lot of loose ends for random things.
4. Find at least one place to submit something to (whether or not that story is finished for submitting).

So we survived February.

1. Not really. I tried to exercise, but some weeks I was super busy, some weeks I was just tired, and some weeks I had no excuse. I need to get back on this wagon.

2. 8,966. So I ended up almost 3,000 over my goal. I want to celebrate, but part of the success was writing over my lunch breaks, which will only work until spring, when I go on walks. However, it did give me a nice push on my shift story (which is only a few thousand from finished, I'd guess). And now I have a few stories fighting for next. It's a lovely feeling.

3. Pretty much tied up things I needed to. I have on last item on my long-term to-do list. It's not really a loose end, but it is on the check list. But otherwise cleaning this up helped a ton.

4. As I said before, this is on hiatus, I think. When I wrote the goal, I was in a different place in my head. I'm fine with having not done this. Focusing on #2 was more important.

So February went pretty well. It was super busy, but I still hit half my goals (more than, really). In fact, considering how much time I spent working, I'm surprised I did half as well as I planned. But now it's March!

March Goals

1. Write 6,000 words. I'm not upping the count yet. I want to see if I can get more than one month with goods word counts.

2. Do some level of physical activity every day (even if it's just a 5-minute routine).

3. Do that final loose end that I need to do.

I think that's it for March. I have busy weekends, #3 will take a good chunk, and the other two will involve a level of daily focus. Whew.

No comments:

Post a Comment