Sunday, November 30, 2014

November is over!

Okay, so:
My goals for this month:
1. Edit/write every day I don't have a conflicting event (like my GKE trip next weekend). *Holds up calendar* You can tell I'm serious 'cause I wrote it down.
2. The above should let me finish a pass of edits on SaP, SS, and HtPD. So hopefully.
3. I'd love to get 3-5 K written this month, and I'm keeping track, but it's not make or break.
I am excited to announce that I was very successful this month.

My writing hit 3K, but it wasn't as much original, publishable fiction as I would have liked. And I haven't written anything since the 16th. So that one wasn't a huge success, but it did keep me writing a little when I knew my edits would overwhelm me.

As for the edits: I finished doing a pass on SaP, SS, and HtPD. I sent SS out to two beta readers and have gotten feedback from one. Overall positive feedback, so that makes me happy. She pointed out an issue with the end that I also felt...but I need to ponder how to fix it.

SaP, sitting at just over 50K, was a close one. I just finished my editing pass today. I also have to ponder how to move forward with this one. There's a submission call that it can be sent to, and the deadline for it isn't until 1/31/15, so I could hunt up a beta reader and get feedback, or I can just send it off and get it off my plate.

I'm leaning toward the second, because I'd like to focus on finishing up SS and then returning to BaW, which I'd REALLY like to get done or closer to friggen done :P

Which leads me to this month's goals:
1. Finish writing new ending to BaW.
2. Enter handwritten edits into final file.
3. Submit BaW to the writing group.

No comments:

Post a Comment