Friday, February 10, 2017

Dogs, Snow, and Marketing

For those of you not following my Twitter and Instagram account: I'm dog-sitting. They are an adorable geriatric corgi and a puppy mini-dachshund (though old enough that he's at his max size). This means there are a lot of little messes to clean up, but thankfully they are tiny! And when they're not BARKING NONSTOP at each other, they're rather sweet (and quiet and also asleep).

Of course, sometimes they are barking nonstop at each other while circling my feet. It's been a bit up and down.

We also got about five inches of snow, which meant shoveling a little so the dogs wouldn't get lost in the snow (or so that they'd go out to do their business). Thankfully these people have moolah and have a service to plow their driveway and clear some of the steps. So the snow wasn't that big of a deal.

In between work, dogs, snow, and watching season one and two of Voltron: Legendary Defenders, I actually was able to write a few thousand words so far this month.

Which really is a miracle, because my writing confidence has taken a pretty serious hit. I'm working hard on the "writing because I love writing" and "write what you love, no matter what" but I still want people to read my books. I know I sometimes write a little off the beaten path--trans college guy with surprise space alien and frog menage, hi!--but my last book was a straightforward M/M romance that was sexy and sweet and a lovely holiday read (if I do say so myself). Now, it came out the week before Christmas and it's only 20,000, but it has 19 ratings on Goodreads. Not even review. 19 ratings.

That's...depressing. So in addition to writing and editing and working full-time, I want to do more marketing. So if you have any tips, feel free to pass them along!

No comments:

Post a Comment