Sunday, July 24, 2016

I'm not a frog.

Part of me wants to sit here and write a post about how I haven't gotten anything done because I've been busy and now I'm dog sitting a geriatric dog who weighs about as much as me and who can't go up and down steps in an old house that is nothing but steps. I was going to complain how I'm exhausted and sleepy and the dog is sitting at the bottom steps of the porch unable to get in because going up steps is nearly impossible. I was also going to complain about how I've been here a day and a half and have had to clean up two piles inside the house already. There was going to be a lot of whining here.

And I think I have good reason to be whiny and exhausted. But today I'm going to strive to be positive. My friends just had their first baby! His name is Owen and I haven't seen him (they haven't left the hospital yet and the pic I saw was a wrinkly little raisin), but he's the first born among my friends, so it's exciting.

I rode yesterday, and while it wasn't a great ride (*refrains from whining*), I'm glad I got one last ride in before my week away (and a week of intense heat!). I also did all the barn chores, so I feel less bad about eating those three cupcakes last night while rewatching The Force Awakens. And I saw some toads, which isn't unusual, but most of the time they are large (the size of a coaster), but I also saw a tiny one (pictured) who was roughly the size of a quarter. (Let me tell you, it's hard to take a picture of something that small, in poor lighting, while playing the game of "how close can I get before you hop away.")

The rest of the day was a blur of frustration and exhaustion, so I won't go on about it. This week was pretty good in the writing avenue, and though I'm sleepy and grumpy, I'm going to try to keep that momentum going this morning. Possibly while listening to Christmas music. Because reasons ;) Hey, it is Christmas in July, isn't it?!

Hop to it!


No comments:

Post a Comment