Tuesday, December 26, 2017

End of the Year Book Reading Round-up

I spend all day reading, which is awesome. Unfortunately, it also means I don't read a lot outside of work, so this list is going to be Riptide titles that I read over this past year that stuck out to me (and I'll give reasons why). I can't list ALL the ones I love, but here's a sampling (12, so one for each month...sorta):

Midlife Crisis by Audra North - This book made me have so many emotions. It was really tough at times, but seeing Cam's life unfold was really breathtaking and uplifting.

Sons of Devils / Angels of Istanbul by Alex Beecroft - This is a heavy pair of books but if you're committed, you'll find yourself taken on a fantastic adventure. It's vampires as the truly horrific monsters they were originally meant to be--which makes the potential for a horrible ending all the more likely...

Heels Over Head by Elyse Springer - I'm not a huge fan of sports romance, or rather I'd never really read any that grabbed me. This was the first that made me go "Oh" and I was hooked all the way through. It’s a sweet struggle as the boys come to terms with themselves and each other.

Citywide by Santino Hassell - I loved the menage story, and not because of all the hot sex. But Chris's thinking about relationships and being the third and preferring triads is just amazing and it really pinged something in my head.

Infamous by Jenny Holiday - There’s something about this friends-to-lovers tale that just carried me along. It was just a lovely read that gave me everything I wanted out of it.

Rogue Magic by Kit Brisby - In many ways this is your standard magic-in-the-real-world story, but the character growth and the story that comes to life really pulled me along through the story so I couldn't wait to see what happened next.

Wanted, a Gentleman by KJ Charles - This is a playful historical, which was a delight to read. It's covering some serious, dramatic topics, but it doesn't bog the reader down.

Permanent Ink by Avon Gale and Piper Vaughn - A May/December, learning-to-be-an-adult story, this one surprised me with how much I liked it. The characters come alive on the page and that's what makes this one so great.

In His Majesty's Service by Jenny Urban and Elizabeth Silver - sci-fi romance with some action and political intrigue, it never takes the politics so seriously that it makes the story drag. A good balance of all the elements, this one had me reading as fast as I could to find out what happened.

Finding Home by Garrett Leigh - I mean, I love most of Garrett's books, but this one is special with the heart-wrenching tale it tells, but also the hope and inspiration it gives.

Off the Ice by Avon Gale and Piper Vaughn - I think this was the second sports book I read that made me interested--not in the sport, but in the story. I loathed who I was meant to loathe and loved who I was meant to love. The support and love in this book was heart-warming, and the sex was steamy.

I hope you check these titles out and find them as enjoyable as I did!

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment