Sunday, January 28, 2018

January round-up!

The new year means resolutions, cold weather, and the daylight hours slowly getting longer. I have to say, I'm pretty proud of myself for being on-task for my resolutions so far. But first...

Magic Runs Deep is up on Riptide's site, available for preorder!! It's coming in April (SO FAR AWAY)!

For the last five years, Veier has been chained to a king’s throne in his bear form. When a neighboring kingdom overthrows the crown, Veier’s imprisonment ends, but true freedom is not so easily earned. With blood on his hands, he needs someone with patience, strength, and trust to help him become the person he was before and prove to the invaders that he isn’t the monstrous king’s loyal pet.
Elrid, the invading king's brother and a powerful mage, is everything Veier despises. He’s also the only thing between Veier and execution, because he thinks he can help Veier change from an aggressive bear shifter into a reasonable man. While the pair have a rough start, with long talks and mutual leaps of faith, they begin to care for each other.
However, the closer Veier gets to his freedom, the closer he is to losing Elrid. He must find balance in his heart and his life if he wishes to truly claim the freedom he’s been given—and the man he loves.
I'm really grateful to the artist who made this lovely cover after I gave...less than stellar feedback on what I was looking for.
January has also witnessed me get my first 10k written for 2018, which also matched up with me finishing my current WIP The Miracle Man. This book's idea started several years ago, as a jotted opening in a notebook that sat unused in my bedside table for several years. Then during a writing slump, I said Well, why not write this, it's utter bollox, and then everything started flowing. And now it's done! Er, well, the firs step is. 
I've also spent January revising my one manuscript, and I have about 30 pages to go. It's a contemporary (maybe even a rom-com) with a sexy tattooed biker and his not-as-straitlaced-as-his-parents-think boyfriend. It has playful banter during sex and puns. And a shower scene...
Anyway. I've also been reading! (You know...that 1 book a month goal.) I'm on-goal to finish What-the-Dickens by the end of January. It's not captivating me, but it's cute. 

No comments:

Post a Comment